Curious developer with 5+ years of experience architecting, developing, deploying and maintaining various pieces of software. Recognized for exceptional auto-didactic nature and being a tenacious problem-solver.
Skills & Abilities
- Built and maintained a backend service in Kotlin (for around 3 years) for a product with more than 5000 active users.
- Built and contributed to 11 published apps (both in Kotlin and Java) on the Play Store. Worked on many other apps from their design to device phases.
- Comfortable working with: Creating and consuming APIs (including integrations with other services), Unit & Integration testing, Continuous Integration, Software Architecture, Payments Integration, Git, Python, NodeJS.
- Mentored multiple developers over the years both as a mobile and a backend engineer to develop their own vision towards a better craft approach.
Product Engineer (Backend) - Remote | Obvious | 08/2020 - Ongoing
- Develop Obvious' first product - Pause (https://getpause.com)
- Partnered with product and design teams to understand their requirements and vision for the software
Constructed the architecture of the backend system consisting of PostgreSQL as database and a Kotlin codebase
for REST API and integrations with third-party services
- Developed the REST API to be used from the web-app
- Built the integrations with Slack and Google Calendar
- Integrated multi-currency payment flow using Stripe
- Lead the backend team and eventually the whole engineering team of Pause
- Wrote support documentation in form of how-to guides for various tasks in Pause
- Provided support to customers by both directly replying to their questions and by working on concerns brought up by the support team
- Ongoing maintenance in forms of debugging and fixing any discovered bugs in the backend system
Product Engineer (Mobile) - Remote | Obvious | 04/2020 - 07/2020
- Developed MVP of an Android application for a fintech client project in collaboration with team members
- Architect the structure of the application and its code organization
- Communicate with client team and design team ton understand their requirements
- Wrote the code for their periodic SMS sync feature on Android
Android Developer - Remote | Deliverr | 05/2018 - 05/2019
- Developed Customer, Driver and Store-Manager Android applications for Deliverr platform (https://deliverr.ca)
- Worked with one other engineer to add new features to the existing Customer and Driver applications
- Architect and code the redesign of customer app to allow item-customisation and improve user-experience
- Integrate existing applications with Firebase to add support for social-login via Google accounts
Android Developer | Crawded Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | 01/2015 - 06/2015
- Developed the MVP of their SchoolWeb and Crawded platforms' Android applications in a team of engineers
- Architected and coded the home-page feed in their Android applications
Android Developer | Udaan Dev Team | 2015 - 2017 | Volunteer
- Created companion Android application for Udaan (our college’s tech-fest) for 3 years by working alongside a team of 8 other peers to work through the design to deployment phases
- Mentored a budding Android developer through the phases of designing to publishing to Play Store
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science) | Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya Engineering College | (2013 - 2017)
- Typractice: A tracker-free and ad-free website where you can practice typing. (Website | GitHub)
- Contacts Calendar: Website to export a calendar of birthdays from your Google Contacts. (Website | GitHub)
- Improvement Roll: A website suggesting useful things to do in short breaks. (Website | GitHub)
- To-Read Manager: This app helps me manage my to-read links at one place on my phone without sharing it with any third-party. (GitHub | Play Store)
- My Places: This is an application which helps me record locations which I want to save and keep track of. (GitHub | Play Store)
Some of my writing (link to my blog)
You can also download a PDF version of this resume from here.